Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shining Moon

Part of me feels bad for Marvin Sutton. Sutton was misunderstood and though his acts were illegal and quite harmful; it feels like he probably was a good person. Living in prison is no life at all. Prison is a torture, because you are placed into this smaller sect of society where you are being monitored constantly, where the bigger society has determined where you belong.

I am quite aware that what Sutton's actions were bad. There are tons of problems that can go wrong with moon shining. It could be done incorrectly, and cause alcohol poisoning. It is not clean. It is just plain wrong. So for that reason, yes Sutton should be charged and trialed, but this is a man who probably would never travel more than 100 miles from his home. House arrest seems like a much better punishment. Also I don't like how papers portrayed Sutton. As if being a hillbilly is a bad thing. Perhaps he wasn't a genius, he could have possibly been a good person under the moon shining.

I don't know. I don't think it says anything about America. In fact I think people should look more at the government and functioning of the major corporations of a country to determine the way the citizens are. Morally, America is one huge free for all. If you wanna make moonshine or do any other illegal action you can feel free to do it. You just suffer the consequences of it. Actually I think that man's crimes and the way he dealt with it speak highly of America. It shows hey even a "hillbilly" has enough pride to not serve his term. He rather succumb to death than be forced into a system that he didn't want to take part in.

Puzzled Post,
Tosin

No comments:

Post a Comment