Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Anticipation for My Vocation

It is funny that you should post this topic, seeing that I have no clue on what I want to be. I want to be a psychologist, a singer, a dancer, a mother, an actress, a writer , a professional blogger, a superhero, a counsellor, a great person, a musician, a special person.

I know I cannot be all those things or maybe I can.

First and foremost, I want to be a mother. I want to be a mother--so badly. It is almost funny in a sense because people always want what they can't have. I want kids. Doctors tell me I can't have them. I mean it is not like I am trying now--I'm a big proponent of abstinence--but since I was a child, I have wanted children. I have faith and believe in miracles, but my most realistic dream job would to be a mom.

Okay, enough with the sappy stuff and onto the more fun and heartwarming part of the blog.

My primary dream job would to be a singer. Most people will never hear me sing, but I love to do it. I write my own songs all the time and record them on my phone--high tech. I would want to be a soul singer. Maybe something like Dorothy Moore or Etta James. It is not even that I sound like them, but songs like Misty Blue...they just make you cry. I mean what else can you really do. The songs are just a sad soul lamenting over a lost love. I just love it, but even if I did sing songs like that it wouldn't be accepted, because music is slowly fading into obscurity. Well at least in the lyrical and musical aspect. Music is just trendy nowadays. It is almost like music just keeps getting repackaged and diluted, like orange juice. Or song like I Betcha Didn't Know That, it makes you want to be with someone you love, and just love on them, and remind them how special they are to you. It is just so lovely. Then there are people like Betty Wright and her song "Clean Up Woman". Love it. Then there are men like Bill Withers who sang, "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone". Oh man, where has music gone? I would love for if only a year, just to sing like them. I truly think my life would be made a little bit more complete. Then Lenny William's "Cause I Love You" seven pure minutes of a man just bearing his soul. I mean not that I don't like some new stuff, but the 1970's had some heart-bearing, eye-crying, baby-making music. So my ideal job would just be to sing like them.

My secondary dream job would be to model for Torrid, Lane Bryant, or Ashley Stewart. All three stores are plus size stores with the best clothes in the world. Now most people give anyone over a size 14 the title of just a fatty who doesn't care how they look. Now I would want to do this for two reasons: 1) I love modeling 2)I rock at modeling. I know I would just enjoy the lifestyle.

My final dream occupation would to be a college English teacher. Who teaches freshman in English 1102...no just kidding. I would actually like to be an ambassador, preferably to Spain or Greece or Australia. I love interacting with different cultures. I know that as of now I have tons to learn about class and being dignified, but for an eighteen year old I do good.

Well, I know time is running our for me to choose what I want to do, but know this whatever I decide to do. I WILL ROCK AT IT!

Passionate for Posting,
Tosin

No comments:

Post a Comment