Monday, April 13, 2009

The Tweeter Worm

I think he is making a point. Personally, I have never ever seen the Twitter site and don't intend to. Social networking sites are a beautiful thing, but honestly they are the HUGEST stealer of time. I have a myspace--which I am rarely on--and a facebook--which I am currently on--and facebook is just a freaking thief. It is actually pretty ridiculous. For me it is a ritual. Anytime I turn on my computer I first go to pandora.com because I love love love music, then it is straight to facebook. Funny thing is even if there is no one on facebook for me to talk to I will always manage to find something to do, like play an online game through facebook, or write a note, or facebook stalk people. J/K.

I mean this morning I was listening to the radio and they were saying that college students who have have myspaces, facebooks, and twitters study for approximately one hour a week. As opposed to those who belong to zero social networking sites who study a whopping eleven hours per week. Crazy ain't it. I know it doesn't apply to me because I have found a way to balance, but one hour a week. Shoot I didn't even study one hour a week in high school!

Perhaps there is some truth in this man's ran about twitter, sadly when people write any type of essay like they are completely right and leave no room for another opinion, then it doesn't even matter what the other person is saying.

As for me, I will probably keep my facebook because I do LOVE it. Myspace I only keep because it is the only and cheapest way for me to keep in contact with some of my friends from when I was younger, but twitter is a no for me.

Pweeted Pwost,
Tosin

2 comments:

  1. I like this. I totally agree that is so easy to spend hours on facebook without really having a reason to be on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you need to find a way to wing off facebook lol

    ReplyDelete