Well no offence James, but that was a stupid question. I would definitely keep my right to vote. Owning a television is something that can be attained through working hard enough to get the money for it, but voting it is a privilege I earned last year when I turned eighteen and there truly is nothing worth giving that up.
Also I enjoy stating my views on the 2008 election-both presidential and senatorial. Honestly, if anyone would take the TV it would be a pretty shallow thing to do. It gives off the impression of being shallow and materialistic. What has a TV ever done for anyone? The only function it was made for was to entertain. Compare that to the purposes of Presidents, Senators, House Members and other voted on officials. All of them serve a purpose to America. The President to protect the nation, to serve as the face of the nation, to be the head of decision making, and so much more. The we have Senators and House Members who represent their constituencies. They are the voice of a state and people that live in the local areas.
Also not being able to discuss politics and government would be the entire worst. Though people say that my voice isn't heard as a voter, I truly believe it is. I have the ability to influence other voters. Influence does not come through beating hatred into the head of other voters, but by having civil and cordial discussion in which we both partake in discussing facts and bills and other pieces of legislation our government leaders would have passed. Having a role in the process of the selection of the people who run this is too valuable of a gift to give up for a television-especially when new technology will render it useless in five years.
Whelp, that is about it. If I keep on typing it would just be mindless crap to fill up the word quota.
Posts Away,
Tosin Akande
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment